When you need to do a complete clean-out or your Carmel apartment just looks dirty, a thorough cleaning can have it looking its best again. It can be easy to get overburdened when taking on more than you can handle at once. In an attempt to make cleaning your unit more manageable, we’ve created an apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel renters.
Your Carmel Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Complete these tasks in every room of your unit before addressing individual rooms to save time. Utilize this apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel to track your progress.
- Throw away clutter.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Dust places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Wipe down your apartment’s walls and baseboards to remove smudges and stains.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wash or dust window treatments.
- Disinfect doorknobs.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and address stains.
- Don’t forget to dust the slats and all other areas of your ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
Whether you prefer entertaining guests or relaxing in your space by yourself, get your living room neat and welcoming with a proper cleaning.
- Revive furniture by vacuuming and spot cleaning. Utilize a vacuum attachment to remove hair if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust all places where dust settles like table tops and entertainment centers.
- Dust electronics with a microfiber cloth.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Ensure that essential items like remotes are located nearby.
Cleaning Checklist for Dining Rooms
The majority of messes in the dining room are a result of food. For forgotten food scraps stuck to the floor or table, put a slightly moistened rag on top of it for a few moments to soften it a bit.
- Wipe crumbs from tabletops and seats and pay attention to sticky spots.
- Wipe off chair backs and legs.
- Give wood tables a good poslishing or make use of a glass-cleaning product on a glass-top table.
- Utilize a soft duster to address any open shelves with glassware or other breakables.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens usually are messy and sticky from all that cooking. You can go with off-the-shelf cleaning products to deal with the grease, but some everyday options are great choices too.
- Give the cabinets a wipe with a soft cloth moistened with soapy water and follow with a another clean cloth].
- Wipe down counters with a cleaning product suitable for your specific material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Scrub sinks with a solution consisting of water and baking soda. Some baking soda down the garbage disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Rinse it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a shallow food storage container of vinegar inside. Then wipe out the unit with a wet cloth.
- Boil a cup of water in the microwave to let the dampened air soften burned-on food debris. Wipe out with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- You can remove and wash stove burner parts in your sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with a store-bought cleaning solution or a one-to-one mix of household vinegar and water and use a little elbow grease.
- Act in accordance with the self-cleaning instructions for your oven or you can make use of baking soda and water to clean it out.
- Utilize a food-safe cleaning product or vinegar and water to take care of the the fridge shelves and interior; wipe off any residue with a wet rag. Then move it and use a broom to sweep the floor.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bathroom
If you hate dealing with dirty bathrooms, take on these quick chores every day so your bathroom doesn’t get too dirty.
- Clean mirrors with glass cleaner and a soft cloth.
- Clean all surfaces with an all-purpose cleaner or a solution of water and vinegar on a clean rag.
- Wash off cabinetry with mild soap followed a a clean cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Clean off the exterior surfaces of the toilet with disinfectant or vinegar.
- Scrub the the walls and surfaces of your shower and tub with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Carmel
You’ll get better sleep in a dust-free and uncluttered bedroom!
- Clean up or rearrange your closet.
- Use a duster for flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Change and wash the bed sheets and comforter if needed.
- Collect any errant dirty clothes and put them in the hamper.
- Make use of a vacuum attachment to dust underneath your bed frame.
Choose Your Next Apartment At Highpointe on Meridian Apartments
A tidy and neat place to live is great, but sometimes you might want a new apartment altogether. Explore the spacious, luxury apartments at Highpointe. Contact our leasing team at 317-342-0670 or arrange a tour to get started.